Often we are asked how to accurately dose CBD isolate for their patients. Since CBD can be taken in many ways, from orally to vaporizing and smoking, the most common way to portion it is by dissolving it in oil and then measuring the oil for consumption.
It is important to note that CBD is fat-soluble, so to get a homogeneous solution, it must be dissolved into an oil, butter, or similar fatty solvent.
CBD-Infused Olive/Coconut Oil
- 1 gram Veedverks CBD isolate
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil (30 ml)
- Warm oil in a small saucepan to aid the dissolving of the CBD. In the case of solid oils, like coconut oil, ensure it is warmed to a completely liquid state.
- Mix the gram of CBD isolate in the oil. Stir until it is completely dissolved.
1/8 teaspoon of the oil solution will yield a dose of approximately 20 mg of CBD.
Mixing CBD in water and stirring will only produce water with CBD settled on the bottom.
Determine your dose based on your daily CBD consumption goal. We suggest starting with a dosage of 25-50 mg twice daily, and increasing to a level that you feel is benefiting you.
CBD-Infused Oatmeal Cookies
Below is a recipe from one of our favorite CBD isolate vendor, Veedverks, CBD recipes.
¾ cup butter or margarine
1 gram Veedverks CBD isolate
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Melt the butter or margarine in a microwave-safe container. Stir in the complete gram of CBD and continue stirring until it is completely dissolved. Refrigerate the mixture until it becomes solid again.
- In a large mixing bowl beat CBD-infused butter or margarine with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves. Beat till combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg and vanilla till combined. Stir in flour, rolled oats, and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375° oven for 10 to 12 minutes or till edges are golden. Cool cookies on a wire rack.